Saturday 13 August 2011

Tavern Tales - Vacation

Sebastion kicks his feet up onto a round wooden table, "Guys, gaze upon the eighth wonder of the world." He sasses, nodding with a smug grin to Morgan and Simon. "You guys wont believe that happened tonight."

Morgan lifts a brow, looking over at Simon. "Alright, I'll bite. What's up, Seb?"

"You remember that Elf guy I was telling you about? How he ruined the sparklie house?"

Simon nods, giving a shrug of disinterest. "Yeah, what about him?"

Sebastion pulls his legs down and leans across the table. "I get to stay in his room at the Haven."

Morgan smirks while shaking his head. "Oh this I gotta hear. How did you pull that one off?"

Sebastion leans back, returning his boots to the tabletop. "I paid for the Elf's damages. I felt so bad about that happening to her. She hasn't caused me any problems ... Now that Elf. Well, the Elf is going to shit a brick when he finds out I'm making visits to his girlfriend." He comments, looking at his fingernails and begins to buff them haughtily. "Yep, the Baroness Woman thinks I am the greatest thing since .. since ... well you get the picture."

Morgan and Simon just look at each other and laugh, "Sebastion ... what's your secret? I mean really, why is it that we are working hard each night and you just run along like your are a kid in a courtyard. What's your angle?"

Seabstion glances over at Simon with a curious and yet confused expression. "Angle? Why ... whatever do you mean, dear Simon?" He smirks, shaking his head. "No Angle, I let them do everything for me. It's amazing how many times someone will hang themselves if you give them enough rope. I think it's the Pixiedust the Elf is on really, such an angry fellow. I think we need to get him a silverleaf dealer."

Morgan laughs but shakes his head, "Wait, the Elf is on Pixiedust?" He questions, shaking his head and dismissing the changing topic. "But no, really ... How do you go about your night?"

Sebastion grins at Morgan, "Like every night. I get up, brush my hair, put on my cloak, and walk out the same door you do."

Morgan shakes his head, "No I mean what is your approach?"

Sebastion gets a light smirk on his face, "I just approach them. You know, like you would talk to someone."

Morgan furrows his brow, his temper starting to flare as his voice begins to climb in tone. "No, I mean how do you-"

"Morgan, he's doing it to you again." Simon interrupts, laughing lightly at him.

"Huh?" Morgan sounds, looking completely confused at the entire topic.

Sebastion grins to Simon before changing the subject, "Oh my god guys, I saw the most lost little puppy today. He was so cute with his questions of contraband in a populated tavern. I thought he was going to start barking up a storm."

"What do you mean?"

"Totally square, man! Like .... you couldn't say 'I am a bad guy please arrest me.' any louder than he did. I'm talking to the Baroness woman, right? You know... the one that is letting me stay in her sparklie room and not you guys." Sebastion jests, seeming amused by the new topic. "Well, after she leaves ... this guy.." He pauses, chuckling to himself while shaking his head in defeat. "Looks at me straight faced and says, 'I have heard there are some interesting plants in this city. Plants that I might like to cultivate, not just any plants mind you.' ..."

Simon lifts a brow this time instead of his companion, shaking his head. "Are you serious?"

Morgan bursts into laughter, "Wait, wait ... you mean to tell me that he asked you about special interesting plants ... Like silverleaf?"

Sebastion shakes his head, "Oh no, it gets better..." He comments, grinning at the pair, "I told him I might be able to help him with some flax or cotton, then he goes on with trying to let on that flax or cotton were keywords." He laughs aloud before going on, "Like this ... 'I might be looking for som 'flax' or 'cotton'.' Then ... THEN ... wanted me to take him off to a tavern privately. So ... I made a tavern appear out of thin air. Just like that! ... Okay, may not completely like that ... but it fit."

Simon runs a hand down his face, "Wow ... just ... wow...."

Morgan looks to Sebastion with a deer in the headlights look, "What did you tell him?"

Sebastion shrugs, "I pointed him to the farmer in the grasslands. Maybe he can take up a hoe and grow a social life. He could of at least bought me dinner first." He jests, laughing to himself. Sebastion nods partingly to his company and brings his legs down from the table and jumping to his feet. "Anyhow, fellas ... I gotta go pack for my big week in the sparklie house. Don't forget to write me!"

-END SCENE-

No comments:

Post a Comment