Friday 5 August 2011

Tavern Tales - 1

"Hey Simon." a man calls out, sitting down at a table.
"How was your night, Morgan?"
"Oh gods, could of been better." Morgan begins, "First, broke my pick, second, tripped on the threshold, and fourth, I knocked my head on the counter."
"What happened to third?"
"Huh? Right, third, I got short term memory loss."
a lithe, human man with a triangular goatee walks into the room and sits down at the table, "Hey fellas!"
"Hey Sebastion." Morgan and Simon called out, simultaniously.
"How was your night, Seb?" Morgan asks, looking to a lithe, human man with a triangular goatee.
a lithe, human man with a triangular goatee chuckles and slaps the table.
"I had a great night! I found this place in the city, it's all shiny and sparklie! At first, I thought I was in heaven because a woman there said it was Hannas's Haven."
He pauses, tapping his chin for a moment.
"Heaven? ... Harbor? .... I can't remember."
"You mean Hhanastrah's Haven?" Simon pipes up, offering the name to a lithe, human man with a triangular goatee.
"Yah! That's the place, Hhanastrah's Haven!" a lithe, human man with a triangular goatee exclaims, nodding to Simon. "Have you ever been there?"
Morgan and Simon chuckle for a moment, nudging each other. "Yah, Seb, we've been there."
a lithe, human man with a triangular goatee laughs for a moment and continues his story.
"Well, I ran into these two people, right. One woman and an elf. Well, I try to be all polite to them, you know how I am, I try to make everyone happy. Anyhow, she starts calling me names. Called me Mister Goatee and Mister No Name. Just being really mean, right, and hint around getting my name. But they never asked for my name, and just starting being mean. Well, the elf loses his key, okay, well ... he lost it with good reason, I just wasn't going to give it back, you see. Anyway, I told him not to yell for a guard because they are going to arrest him and---"
"BREATHE BOY!" Morgan yells out, looking to Simon beside him and shaking his head.
"Huh? Whatever. Anyways, he calls for the guard anyway and so guess who shows up. ... Yep, the new girl. That soldier woman. No, not the Captain, the red head. Anyhow, she comes in and says her speech. I asked her if she knew what it was the elf was accusing me of ... and get this ... She said and I quote, 'I get the feeling he is accusing you of taking property from him that is not his.' After that, everything just went black. She knocked one of those orbs out of my hand and then she covered the entire room of Hhanastrah's Haven in smoke and soot. I think the Baroness woman is going to be mad. Anyhow, I'm going to bed. Niiiiiight fellas!"
Morgan and Simon simply look at each other in amusement as a lithe, human man with a triangular goatee walks away, "I gotta do a job with him."
-End Scene-

No comments:

Post a Comment