Saturday 4 February 2012

Tavern Tales - What the ....?

"Morgan ... Hey Morgan, get over here." Simon calls out, sitting at a table in
the kitchen. "Check this out, it's a letter from Sebastion in jail."

"What? He's in jail?! We gotta get him out of there!"

"He said not to come. He's on a job, he says."

"What?" Morgan says dumbly, opening the rolled parchment letter and reading it.


--Hey Fellas,
Uh, not sure where to start with this so I guess I will in the middle. They are
going to hang me. Yeah, I know right now one of you is ready to bust me out and
the other is saying not to. Anyways, it's all gravy. I got a job to finish and
when I'm done, it's gonna make everything change. Trust me, I'll be fine, they
let me watch a hanging first. Tell the new guy that it was awesome working with
him. The kid's got potential, just needs direction. He's got a bad attitude and
responds well to Crabs. I think it's a fetish or something, but whatever. It's
okay in here, kinda dull. Miss you guys, drink a tankard or two for me and I'll
see ya when I'm done.


P.S. He got the kiss, but got screwed for it. He's not that bright, talk slowly.


"That's it?" Morgan says, looking the letter over again. "We can't just sit here
while he hangs! We gotta do something.
"

"Do you trust him, Morgan? He hasn't let us down before..."

"Yeah ... but ... but ..."

"Leave him alone."

A week later, a notice went up around the City of Delmarii concerning Sebastion's
execution.


"I don't get it. Why did he want to go through with it? We could of got him out!"
Morgan's tone holding a sharp edge.

"Something's wrong. Something isn't right... He did something. Have you seen the
city?
"

"Yeah, every night. What's that got to do with Sebastion?"

"People are acting funny. Just sit back one night at the Gazebo and watch them.
The new guy started acting weird too. I don't like this ... He's done something.

I'll try to find out what's going on."

--END SCENE--

No comments:

Post a Comment